ASAM CONTINUUM Release Notes
ASAM CONTINUUM Assessment Updates
- Added popup help for Question in Completion Section: In the Completion section, the question “Does the patient exhibit any symptoms that would be considered life-threatening AND are related to alcohol or drug use?” now provides a helpful pop-up to guide an evaluator to answer more accurately. The pop-up states: “Immediate and life-threatening symptoms will result in a direct transfer to a medical hospital. Please confirm your response with a qualified medical provider.”
- Added Fentanyl to the Used Substances Screen: Interviewers asked that in the Drug and Alcohol Section of the assessment, Fentanyl should be added as an option to the Used Substances screen.
- Added the ability to select multiple options to the first question in the Review section: In response to end user requests, in the Review Section of both CO-Triage and CONTINUUM, users now have the ability to select a primary category of final disposition, and then multiple additional categories of final disposition. This will allow users, for example, to select Level OTS-Opioid Treatment Service in combination with any other Level of Care.
- Unanswered questions should now remain blank instead of defaulting to “No”: Previously, after an assessment was submitted, all unanswered questions were defaulted to “No” or “False” when the assessment was reviewed or printed. With this update and going forward, unanswered questions will remain unanswered upon review or printing.
- Question sequence improved in the Family/ Social History Section: In the Family/ Social History section, after review, it was found that the questions should appear on the screen in a different order to best evaluate the patient. This has been corrected so there is a change to the sequence in which the questions appear.
- Question Response items are differing in CONTINUUM vs Co-Triage: The responses in the review section have been synchronized between CONTINUUM and CO-Triage.
- Narrative Report: Question with multiple answers needs has been revised for Narrative Report: The question “Has the patient responded to appropriate recent efforts by the prescriber to maintain does at therapeutic levels?” previously required the answer to be positive for all 7 relevant substances in order for this to appear on the problem list. This issue has been addressed so that if the answer is positive for one or more substances, the item will still be added to the problem list.
- Narrative Report: Output Error in Recovery/Living Environment Section: In response to end user comments, the problem list was updated so that negative responses are not inappropriately reflected as potential problems.
- Narrative Report: Answers with 0 or No are answered as “He/She does not remember or will not discuss…”: In response to end user requests, in the narrative report, questions left unanswered or answered with 0 will no longer be represented by the phrase: “”He/She does not remember or will not discuss…” Each related phrase has been customized to be more accurate for an unanswered or 0 response.
User Interface Updates
- EULA screen is displaying “This site can’t be reached” when “I Agree” is clicked: New users will no longer receive an error message upon accepting the terms of the End User License Agreement.
- The system scrolls the user back to the top of the screen upon clicking Save: Previously, users were redirected to the top of the current section of the assessment when they clicked the Save button. This update allows users to save and retain the same position in the assessment section.
- Navigation requires multiple clicks to access a subsection: At the request of end users, the user interface has been updated to make navigation through sections and sub-sections easier, for a smoother process and a reduction of time needed to complete the assessments.
- Comment boxes are now resized in Print document: Previously, when users printed the CONTINUUM or CO-Triage assessment, comments boxes were cut off or sized wrong so that the comment was not fully visible. At the suggestion of end users, with this update, the comment boxes have been expanded to show all content when printing.