ASAM CONTINUUM® Triage (CO-Triage®) is a provisional referral tool for alcohol and substance problems. The CO-Triage questions help clinicians identify broad categories of treatment need along the six ASAM Criteria Dimensions. The decision logic in CO-Triage calculates the provisionally recommended ASAM Level of Care (ASAM Levels 1, 2, 3, 4 and Opioid Treatment Services) to which a patient should proceed to receive an ASAM CONTINUUM™ Comprehensive Assessment – the definitive, research-validated, level of care placement recommendation.
With CO-Triage, clinicians, as well as other health care service providers, can:
- Make provisional ASAM Level of Care treatment recommendations
- Easily identify ASAM dimensional needs that require immediate attention including any withdrawal management, co-occurring, or bio-medical enhanced services
- Increase the likelihood that patients are referred to the correct ASAM Level of Care
- Built from and easily synchronized with the research-validated ASAM Criteria comprehensive assessment tool
- See the benefits: faster assessment, faster referral