The ASAM CONTINUUM® Assessment Final Report contains an analysis and placement recommendations based on the scored questionnaire items, using the clinical consensus algorithm. Please note that this report does not replace individual provider or sound clinical judgment.
The Final Report is an individualized, multi-page report that includes the following information:
- The cover page – which includes the patient’s ID number, name, and the date and time the assessment began and ended.
- Diagnostic Suggestions – provides possible non-substance use and psychological conditions.
- DSM-5 Diagnosis (including drug use that does not meet a formal diagnosis).
- Withdrawal Scales – the final scores of the patient’s levels of withdrawal complications.
- Addiction Severity Index Composite Scores –the severity of addiction in seven areas of the patient’s life including Medical, Alcohol, Drug Psychological, Employment Family, Social and Legal.
- Critical Items – serious concerns about safety, and steps that should be considered.
- Dimensional Analysis – describes the Levels of Care criteria that each dimension fits.
- Access to Treatment Issues – provides information related to transportation, mobility, and compliance with treatment attendance.
- Final Level(s) of Recommendation – the best recommendation(s) that can be determined by the ASAM algorithm (unless no level of care can be precisely calculated).
Click Here to review a sample final report.